【答案解析】W: Hey, James, how is the job search going?
James,你好,工作找得怎么样了?(job search找工作)
M: Hi, Sharon, I had no idea. It’ll take so much time. It sure makes it difficult to prepare for final exams. How about you?
Sharon,你好,没有头绪。会花很多时间吧。这对备考期末来说是一定的困难。你呢?(第一个it是指代前面找工作会花很长时间这一事情,后面的it是形式宾语,真正的宾语是to prepare for final exams)
W: I was lucky. There seems to be a shortage of highschool teachers now. I applied to three schools and each one offered me a position.
我很幸运,现在貌似很缺高中老师。我申请了三所学校,他们都给提供了职位。(offer sb. sth.;offer sth. to sb.,注意和provide区分开)
M: That’s great. Which one did you like?
好极了,你选了那个?
W: I haven’t decided yet. Of course, it will be easiest for me to stay here in New York or go back home to Boston, but I may go to California.
我还没决定,当然,对我来说呆在纽约这里或是回波斯顿都很容易,但是我回去加利福尼亚。
M: That will be a big move.
那将是一个重大的决定。
W: So tell me about your plans?
给我讲讲你的计划吧?
M: Well, I applied to six newspapers. Last week, I had an interview with New York Times.
好吧,我申请了六家报社,上周去纽约时报面试了。
W: How did it go?
情况如何?
M: Not so well. I think they are looking for people with some experience.
不是很好,我觉得他们想要的是有经验的。
W: Have you had any other interviews?
你还面试其他了么?
M: No, not yet. It seems that everyone wants to be a writer these days. There just aren’t many jobs out there.
没有,好像如今人人都想成为作家。但是没有那么多的职位。
W: That’s too bad.
太糟了。
M: Yes, I had a hope to have a job lined up by graduation. That doesn’t seem likely now.
嗯,我本希望毕业时有一大堆子工作等着我呢,可是现在看来不可能了。
W: What will you do if you can’t find a job?
你如果找不到工作打算干什么呢?
M: In that case, I’ll begin working on the master’s degree in the fall.
要真是那样的话,我会在秋天开始攻读硕士学位。
W: Good luck.
祝你好运。
单选题
Where is Sharon most likelyto go?
【正确答案】
C
【答案解析】
单选题
What does James plan to do ifhe can’t find a job?